The Early Chamber welcomes their newest member, Heartland Payment Systems with a ribbon cutting. Heartland Payment Systems offers card processing, payroll solutions and marketing solutions that allow you to streamline your business operations and focus on managing your business. Continue reading
The Early Chamber recently held a ribbon cutting at Brownwood Music located at 201 W. Baker. Jodie Armstrong purchased the store in 1996 after returning to Brownwood. “Music has always been my passion and I wanted to make sure that my hometown had a music store that would be a platform of learning and mentorship to young musicians as well as supporting the cultural arts in Brown County,” says Armstrong. Continue reading
The Early Chamber of Commerce presents the June Business of the Month Award to Loadcraft Industries, Ltd. at the Early location in appreciation for their support to the Early Chamber of Commerce and the community. Continue reading
The Early Chamber of Commerce June Spotlight Business is Big G Grocery, located at 800 Early Blvd. Big G Grocery opened in March 2013 to offer the citizens in Early a full service grocery store including a produce, meat and deli departments. They are conveniently open every day seven days a week from 7 am to 10 pm and offer a convenient drive thru service for those quick items you need. Continue reading
We want to post this alert for a growing security threat in brown County and for that matter through out the world. Lately we’ve received several requests from people wanting to be friends that are fake requests and we’ve noticed that some of our friends and Chamber members are listed as already being friends of these fake profiles. Approving one of these profiles often results in your real friends getting spammed and enticed to click on something to share their information thereby multiplying the effects. In some cases they can also be used to gain private information about you and even log into your real Facebook account. This would be a good time to review your Facebook connections and carefully scrutinize them for inconsistencies.
Please be aware of the following points as you review your connection list or accept ANY new friend request.
- Many fake profiles display a photo of a stunningly beautiful young lady that you obviously won’t know. Even though they use a female name and picture their “gender status” often indicates “Male”.
- They often already show many of your real friends as their connections. If you don’t actually know the person it’s a good idea to check with a couple of friends to see if they do know them.
- They most always have only 1 picture in their profile and their “About screen” contains very little or no information.
- Fake profiles often display the name of your hometown but the creator of the profile likely resides in some foreign country.
- If you see 2 or more profiles of an actual friend in your list, normally only one of them is legit. If you observe this situation it would be wise to contact your friend so he can sort out which one is real and report the other(s) to Facebook.
- Messages that appear to come from one of your friends but seem a little out of context for that friend are most always fake. Look for proper use of English in the message because people who’s first language isn’t English very rarely express themselves like your friend would. Replying to that message will send it to the scammer and not your friend so it’s best to use some other means of communication to voice your concern.
It’s just a real good time to use a little common sense folks. Facebook is a wonderful tool to promote your business but the wrong friend can easily pollute the waters.
Insurance Sales position available with a major insurance company representative. Texas Property & Casualty and Life & Health licenses required. Salary plus commission. Spanish speaking is a plus, but not required. Interested candidates please submit Resume to: Insurance Sales Position, 104 E. Commerce, Early Texas 76802.
The Early Chamber of Commerce presents the May Business of the Month Award to Brownwood Regional Medical Center (BRMC), located at 1501 Burnet Dr. Brownwood Regional Medical Center is your community healthcare provider; a 194-bed facility that provides essential healthcare along with a Level IV Trauma emergency center, a gastroenterology lab, the Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center, Walker Cancer Center, Cardiac Care, the BRMC Fitness Zone and the BRMC Therapy Zone. BRMC also oversee three One Source Family Care Centers located in Early, San Saba and Santa Ana. Continue reading
The Early Chamber recently held a ribbon cutting to welcome La Botana, conveniently located at 108 Early Blvd to the Early Chamber family! La Botana features delicious authentic Mexican food at affordable prices and a full service bar. Like guacamole? No problem, La Botana will make your guacamole at your table the way you like it. Weekly daily specials are offered. Wait Staff are dressed in black with red ties. Continue reading